Booked Scheduler Community Support
September 22, 2017, 01:33:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto accept reservations without the check boxes  (Read 4221 times)
paulo

« on: August 07, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

When making a reservation is there anyway to do away with the check boxes "allow registered users to join" and "allow non-registered users to join" and instead have the system accept automatically all registered users and deny anyone else?
Nick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

Sure, you can set display:none css styles on the join stuff in templates\reserve.template.php.

I think you would then need to swap out the implementation of invite_users() in lib\Reservation.class.php to just call add_participant() then update_users()
aliweb

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »

Hi Nick,
I am looking for something similar.....

I would like to still be able to invite users, but I want the default setting to be "allow registered" and "allow unregistered" used to join. Basically, I want to eliminate the need to check those two boxes (thus, making the "show my participation" option available even if the initial invitation was declined).

From your past suggestion, it looks like the participant will get added bypassing the invite altogether.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alison
aliweb

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »

I did this in a round about way:

I set the default of "allow registered" and "allow non-registered" users to join checkboxes to "checked" by changing the lib\reservation.class.php from 0 to 1:

var $allow_participation = 1;      
var $allow_anon_participation = 1;

People can still see the checkboxes, but they are checked by default.

This is not ideal as people can always uncheck them, so if anyone can help with this, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks!
Alison
aliweb

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:51 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas to make this work?

Thanks,
Alison
Nick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

Is the workaround that you came up with not working out?
aliweb

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »

I would rather not let people have the option to "un-check" the boxes. Right now, they are still there and it would be nice just to remove the boxes entirely and have the default setting be "accept registered and non-registered".

Thanks,
Alison
Nick
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

A quick way around that is to make the checkboxes readonly.
aliweb

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:38 PM »

OK, how?
aliweb

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »

OK, here is how I did this and it works fine:

Step 1
I set the default of "allow registered" and "allow non-registered" users to join checkboxes to "checked" by changing the lib\reservation.class.php from 0 to 1:

var $allow_participation = 1;     
var $allow_anon_participation = 1;

People can still see the checkboxes, but they are checked by default.

Step 2
To “remove” the checkboxes:

Change reserve.template from:

function print_participation_checkboxes($allow_part, $allow_anon) {
?>
</tr><tr><td colspan="3">
<input type="checkbox" name="allow_participation" <?php echo ($allow_part) ? 'checked="checked"' : ''?>/><?php echo translate('Allow registered users to join?')?><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="allow_anon_participation" <?php echo ($allow_anon) ? 'checked="checked"' : ''?>/><?php echo translate('Allow non-registered users to join?')?>
</td>
<?php

To:

function print_participation_checkboxes($allow_part, $allow_anon) {
?>
</tr><tr><td colspan="3">
<input type="hidden" name="allow_participation" <?php echo ($allow_part) ? 'checked="checked"' : ''?>/><?php echo translate('Allow registered users to join?')?><br/>
<input type="hidden" name="allow_anon_participation" <?php echo ($allow_anon) ? 'checked="checked"' : ''?>/><?php echo translate('Allow non-registered users to join?')?>
</td>
<?php

Step 3
Change en_lang file to blanks to remove words.

aj

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 11:29:13 PM »

I also did this by creating a way to publish a URL.  When you click on the URL you automatically join the reservation without having to fill in the dialog box.    See:  http://php.brickhost.com/forums/index.php?topic=9775.0

/aj
jonathanalvaromartins

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

Hello, do you know where the lib \ reservation.class.php file is in the new version of Booked Scheduler 2.6. In order to be able to automatically accept that other participants can join.

I tried to find it in the lib folder but I did not find it.

thank you in advance

Jonathan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: