Booked Scheduler Community Support
February 26, 2020, 07:52:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reservation modification doesn't take resource capacity into account  (Read 235 times)
clairem

« on: January 14, 2020, 09:44:22 AM »

Dear all

I have noticed an issue (bug?) when users modify bookings (v2.7.6). I have several resources set up with capacity of one person. This means that when I wish to create a reservation, if the resource is already booked at that time then it it will be crossed-out and unselectable - this is the desired functionality.

The issue then occurs when modifying a booking. It is possible to make a booking when the resource is free but then modify the booking to a time when the resource is already booked. As far as I can tell there is no error or problem, it simply allows you to change the booking even though it conflicts with another reservation. This is possible when logged in as super admin or a normal user.

Other ways to override the capacity setting are:
A. Making recurring reservations (a recurring reservation can be booked even if it conflicts with a previously booked resource)
B. If a user first selects a reservation, a free time is suggested, the user is then, however, free to change to whatever times they desire, even if the system is already booked at that desired time.

I have a couple of options which occur to me but neither is optimal:
1. I can set the schedule to only allow one booking at a time. I have some resources which I would like to have unlimited capacity so this isn't ideal.
2. I could try to make it so it isn't possible to modify bookings or make recurring bookings, only to delete and make another. This would affect functionality whereby users can modify a booking should they finish early and also wouldn't stop B happening.

Is anyone else able to recreate this problem? If anyone has any suggestions to help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Not allowing multiple bookings was one of the reasons we switched from Google calendar so it would be great if this could be overcome! Cheesy
clairem

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:14:45 PM »

Hi all,

I have moved my unlimited capacity calendars to a separate schedule and put my single capacity resources in their own schedule with only one booking allowed at a time. This has solved my issue for the meantime but I would assume this could be a problem for people with resources with varying capacity?
moose5

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:02:09 PM »

Hello,
I also have issues with the capacity limit. I use it in a scenario where there are 5 identical machines in one room. The user should only be able to book one machine at a time. But somehow the booking system does not check whether the capacity limit is reached.
My schedules are "custom layout" with only a few hours here and there available.
In the calendar view, when the user clicks on the day, a reservation with the next time slot comes up and the reservation goes through even if the capacity limit has been reached.
In the menu Schedule -> Find a Time it shows nothing available (even if there are still spots available).
In the dashboard it shows "Resource Available until ....(next time slot when the custom layout actually starts)". It should read "not available"

Any help would be much appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: