Booked Scheduler Community Support
December 15, 2019, 12:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unknown Error, Return to last page you were on  (Read 238 times)
finger123

« on: August 13, 2019, 05:42:42 PM »

I have tried everything. Fresh installation on IIS server. i can never get it to work. I get the famous "unknown error". I have tried manual installation, automatic installation. checked my permissions many times. all seems well. Just cant get this booked to even work.

Can someone chime in and help?
barchester

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 04:17:48 AM »

Hi, I had a lot of trouble with the 'Unknown error' when getting Booked installed and configured recently. It may be a different underlying issue but here is my reply to another thread which was specifically about MySQL v8 related issues, maybe it can help.

Hello,

I installed booked on my development machine for the first time on Friday.

When trying to run the web installer, I kept getting the 'unknown error' message and eventually tried performing the database installation manually.

The problem seems to be that in MySQL 8 'groups' is a reserved word and there is a table created by the database installation scripts named groups which is then referred to many times in the creation of constraints, joins, views etc.

The fix that worked for me was to edit the 'full-install.sql' file and enclose every reference to the groups table with backquote characters (EG. `groups`) and then the install worked fine.

I also had to make the same edit to all references to the groups table in lib\database\commands\Queries.php

There may be other places where the same edit is required but so far I haven't come across any.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: