Booked Scheduler Community Support
December 06, 2019, 01:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Outlook subscription  (Read 571 times)
aestivus

« on: June 12, 2019, 07:43:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

This is probably more about outlook/office365 than Booked, but I thought it was worth asking:

Has anyone had issues with outlook allowing you to add a subscription to a Booked calendar, importing the entries, and then never, ever updating it again to add any additional bookings? I thought it might just be a really slow sync, but it's been over a week now, and nothing, so it looks like it is simply downloading the ics file rather than subscribing to it.

Has anyone run into this? Any workarounds?

Thanks!

Louise
lohe

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 06:32:23 AM »

No solutions, just confirmation: I registered to this forum to search for the exact same problem. Outlook (even 2016!) used to show my appointments just fine, but now it doesn't sync (waited for weeks, I don't think it's going to happen anymore).

For example, this calendar (no worries, no personal info there):

webcal://schedule.irc.ugent.be/export/ical-subscribe.php?uid=57334c6ab6bbc&sid=&rid=&icskey=3f368ebf-abd0-442a-b4a4-5a8879cd0ceb

I previously used it in Outlook without any trouble, but now that it stopped syncing, I deleted the calendar and tried to re-subscribe. Upon re-subscribing to this exact link (either in standalone Outlook 2016 or on outlook.com), no events are imported whatsoever (not after waiting for a while either). However, when I replace the "webcal" by "https", events are imported just fine... but new entries are not synced. Indeed, downloading rather than subscribing.

I can confirm it is Outlook-specific: on my phone, using ICSdroid, new entries are synced as they should be. I figure most people here are open source-adepts, but would anyone have some in-depth Outlook knowledge that could help solve this problem?
YZone

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:41:18 AM »

Hi,

Using Outlook for several years (since version 14) with calendar subscription. Running now “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016” and Windows10. Syncing time: 1 hour. Outlook shows only future reservations!
@ lohe: can you create some future reservations on your example schedule, so I can see if the syncing works here.

P.S. NO in-depth Outlook knowledge!

YZone
YZone

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:47 AM »

Hi aestivus, lohe,

To check the Outlook synchronization settings, follow these steps:
From the Outlook top menu : Send / Receive , Send/Receive Groups , Define Send/Receive Groups , Edit , select “Internet Calendars” , be sure “Include Internet Calendar subscriptions in this Send/Receive group” is checked and at the “Download Options” your individual “Internet Calendars” are checked, click OK.

Checkmark the option “Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes” and set the time you want (standard is every 30 minutes), click “Close”.

To see what is happening during the synchronization, select the “Send /Receive” tab and click on “Show Progress”. Click on the ‘pin’ icon in the right bottom corner in order to keep the progress window open during synchronization. Errors, if any, will be shown in the “Errors” tab.

Only the ongoing and future reservations will be shown.

YZone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: