Booked Scheduler Community Support
July 23, 2019, 07:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First installation - problems...  (Read 116 times)
herby1620

« on: June 13, 2019, 10:17:47 PM »

I'm just starting out with booked, and after unzipping the files and point Apache to them, I then tried the "install" (.../booked/Web/install).  It noted that was a fresh installation and after asking for my install password, then the password to the SQL server (to create things), it popped up a few errors, and then appeared to go into an update sequence attempting to execute the SQL statements in the various upgrades directory.

I found out one of the errors was that the 'create-user.sql' file was specified wrong.  It is modified by the installation process, and wants to see "schedule_user" in its "GRANT ALL" statements.  In the 'create-data.sql' file, it also gets an error in the line:
insert into roles values (3, 'Resource Admin', 3);
for some reason.  I re-installed with the "schedule_user" fix, and ran installation again, and while it errored, everything seems to work correctly.  I believe that some of these can be fixed so that an clean (no databases defined, i.e. from scratch) should work seamlessly.

Wonderful product, and pretty easy to use.  You need to get the configuration correct, and that takes a couple of passes.

Thanks,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: