Booked Scheduler Community Support
August 20, 2019, 02:57:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing 1 out of 15 Macs in a Macpool without having 15 different resources  (Read 332 times)
jwagne30

« on: May 02, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »

Hello,

We are having difficulties enabling users to chose 1 out of 15 Macs. If added through accessoires we have to enable the option at least one and maximum one which causes that one has to choose all 15 Macs. What we are trying to do is preventing that more than one user uses the same Mac number at the same time since we do not synchronize the data of the Macs and it is important for the user to see if their specific Mac number is available in the chosen time slot.

Where is our mistake here? We are unable to find it and would be very glad about any kind of advice!

Apart from the Macpool, another problem is that we want to enable reserving a camcorder. We have 15 of those and only want 15 to be available, and hence 0 to be available if all 15 are booked. Is this possible without having 15 different slots on the homepage?

Thanks for your help!

TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 08:33:39 PM »

I'll start off with the 'camcorder' thing - that sounds like Accessories to me...... (it does a good job of 'generic' things and tracking if they are used at the moment...)

For your Macpool (or any "specific" thing), then, unless you go with some custom work, Resource is probably the way you will have to go (not perfect, but that's all there is in the out-of-the-box package....)

Now, if you want a SOLUTION to this.....

What I would recommend is a custom PreRes plugin - and use of the Custom Attributes (they are really powerful when used together!)

You could set up the Macs in the Reservation CA and list them by number (whatever...) so someone could select the 'specific' one they want.

The plugin would go check to see if it was already reserved for the requested time (and a LOT of other things can be done there if needed, but to discuss that, I'd need more specs!)

When you click 'Create' on the Reservation, you will get a 'completed' or 'failure' message (when we make plugins for clients they can always configure that message to anything you want).

To get your custom solution - contact us!  https://CashFlowProducts.com/helpdesk  We reply quickly with an estimate of cost and delivery time ('super fast' is common!)

CashFlowProducts provides solutions for many clients worldwide.
Independently owned and operated - not affiliated with the developers of Booked Scheduler (just 'fans' - like you!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: