Booked Scheduler Community Support
February 19, 2020, 07:57:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generating QRCode/Barcode for scan from reservers phone?  (Read 718 times)
PSUCage

« on: April 08, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »

I oversee a college video equipment cage, & use hosted Booked to manage check-in & checkouts... methinks Booked is just GREAT for the job!!

A recent flight (with online gate check-in) however, got me thinking; would it be possible to have a QRCode (or barcode) generated, that the reserver could pull-up on their phone & present to the cage operator, who would in-turn scan the qrcode from the reservers phone, & pull-up their reservation, complete with a list of items reserved.

Farthermore (and something that I mentioned quite a while-ago in another post), it would be absolutely splendid if booked had the ability to force using barcode/qrcode scanning of all equipment reserved that's going out/returning - thereby verifying that the reserver got exactly what they needed, and everything that goes out comes back?

College students (my employees) are famous for not really looking at what's coming-in, and completeness of returning equipment field kits - this would force the issue.
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »

While everything you are asking about is not part of out-of-the-box Booked, there is at least a small portion that might be of help - QR Codes on Resources (Application Administration -> Resources - look in each Resource and you can print the code)

That will at least give you the Resources...... - if you are handling equipment as Resources, that might help (though certainly it won't combine things, etc... - as I imagine you really would want to do....)

However, the 'full package' of what you are asking for is not Booked - it is an Equipment Management solution!  You need a place to 'multiscan' various equipment and assign it as 'out' to a particular User - with an expected due date (which might be 'open ended' - Booked doesn't like that!) and another to scan when it comes 'in' - again for multiple pieces at one time.  You also want to make these pieces as part of a 'kit' (like a camera kit that has a camera, mount, lens, tripod and case as one 'unit' perhaps....) - - - - - - yes, I understand........

We did a custom (and rather massive) mod for a client that was using Booked where we added on an Equipment Management package - it does most everything you are asking for (and some things you aren't! Smiley a couple years ago that could be revamped for a more universal offering (it is on our development list for "great idea - but no further work without development funding" Smiley - if we had someone that would like to provide some funding (and not that much, but not nothing either!), it certainly could happen.

If you would like to talk about how that could all come together, I'm happy to discuss it!  https://CashFlowProducts.com/helpdesk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: