Booked Scheduler Community Support
February 22, 2019, 09:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Event, multiple non-consecutive days.  (Read 496 times)
bradgillap

« on: October 12, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »

We really want to use this system for our enterprise environment but not being able to schedule a single event that spans across many days with gaps in between is a real deal breaker right now.

Otherwise event attendees would have to register for every single day seperately of the event rather than just a single registration that gets them into non consecutive days.

So if I run an event for monday, tuesday, and friday. The attendees would have to register for each day separately as the room would be in use for others  

What we need is a little AJAX + button that allows us to schedule a single named event for for 3 separate days with a single attendee list.  

Name: Example event

From day time (Monday 2:30pm to day time (Monday 3pm) +
From day time (Tuesday 2:30pm to day time (Tuesday 3pm) +
From day time (Friday 2:30pm  to day time (3pm)

Attendee List

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:05:22 PM by bradgillap » Logged
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:51:39 PM »

You mostly answered it.......

What we need is a little AJAX + button that allows us to schedule a single named event for for 3 separate days with a single attendee list.  

An 'external' answer is just what I would recommend (a 'button' on your website perhaps that says "Register for the XYZ Event".....) - of course, it sounds like you want users that are already registered, so some other checking needs to be done, etc. - but a 'one click' solution is certainly in order (and possible, with some 'external' software).......

You can either direct this through the API or through direct db connection (faster, but less upgrade friendly sometimes - rare, but happens...) - it all would depend on the flow of what you are doing, what you want the user experience to be, etc.....

If you need help creating such a 'button', we can help.  We create such things (and more - like plugins and even full apps) for clients all over the world.

To discuss your requirements and get a fast quote for the work - https://CashFlowProducts.com/helpdesk
bradgillap

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 02:55:14 PM »

Isn't this forum for making feature requests?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:59:47 PM by bradgillap » Logged
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 11:37:24 PM »

Yes, it is - and I'm happy to remove my 'offer' if you feel it detracts from the 'request'.

However, the request, as stated, will (IMHO) be about a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% (or less) chance of ever being part of the Booked core as it is quite 'personal' and Booked is built on 'general' features that work for people across the board.

And, since it is a moderately simple 'external' solution to do the 'personal' button you are asking for, I offered our services - instead of the thread going totally 'dead' (i.e., you won't likely get other responses and even less likely to get any response from the people that would put the 'feature request' into the Booked core (Nick hasn't posted on this forum for years now......)

I feel it is better to get a response than 'dead air' - though I will, in the future, try to watch more closely and if it is in the 'request' area, then I'll attempt to not reply (even when it is the only likely 'help' that will come.....) - at least, until no other replies are given within several days......  Shocked Grin
Dagoberto

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »

Since visiting this website, we have obtained the right information and do not want to go anywhere else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: