Booked Scheduler Community Support
September 24, 2018, 10:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admin Notification Emails  (Read 64 times)
achcomp77

« on: September 14, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »

Hi All,

Have noticed that the approval notification email for both application admin and resource admin do not get sent using the email set in the default email section in the config.php

Any help is appreciated

Andy
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 08:38:36 PM »

are you including Guests in your Reservation?  (haven't tested this, but just built a plugin for a client to fix an issue with Guest emails - this might be related....)
achcomp77

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 07:14:11 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me No I'm not using guests, just a select few people that can make admin mods to the system but need emailing when they approve or delete a booking. I put these admins on their own in the resource admin group then enabled the 4 options in config.php.

$conf['settings']['reservation.notify']['resource.admin.add'] = 'true';
$conf['settings']['reservation.notify']['resource.admin.update'] = 'true';
$conf['settings']['reservation.notify']['resource.admin.delete'] = 'true';
$conf['settings']['reservation.notify']['resource.admin.approval'] = 'true';

All my approval users are in the group admin and my standard admins in the resource group with myself in the app admin group. My assumption is that when anybody in the group admin want to create a booking the resource admins will be emailed for creation, updating, approval and deletion.

I'm also not sure how the group roles work and if they are effecting this issue!

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »

My assumption is that when anybody in the group admin want to create a booking the resource admins will be emailed for creation, updating, approval and deletion.

You know what they say about 'assumption'........

Booked treats 'Admin' in a (IMHO) funny way - bypassing most everything in the 'rules'....... so if an Admin makes a reservation, notifications and such don't work like you think they should.

Use a standard User and you should see notifications.  If you don't, then there is something else going on, but if you do - it is the "Admin is 'god'" sort of thing - and only custom mods will make it work like you want (or using a totally different method of 'rules', which is what our company is working on...)
achcomp77

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

HI,

Thanks for the reply, testing the emails and getting the template layout correct is driving me mad!

Cheers

Andy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: