Booked Scheduler Community Support
August 16, 2018, 11:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.7 beta has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom attributes - Request for help  (Read 171 times)
lorenzov.bookedscheduler

« on: June 14, 2018, 11:00:26 AM »

Hi

I'm using a Reservation's Custom-Attribute (C.A.) of type 'Select List' to apply a different color to the Reservation based on value of this C.A.
Regular users should not be allowed to change a default value of the C.A.

My understanding is that, with current version of booked Scheduler:
- A default value for C.A. cannot be set
- There's no way to block regular users (or users in specific groups) to change the (default) value of the C.A.
- If I set the C.A. as 'Admin-only', regular users don't see it (and so they cannot change it) and its value is <blank>/<empty>. So, if I want to use the C.A. in the reservation label, for these users it's empty (because there's not a default value)

I think the solution could be to develop a plugin. Can someone please provide some hints?
Thanks
lorenzov.bookedscheduler

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:18:48 PM »

I try to explain better what the plugin should do to meet my needs:
- When a reservation is saved / updated, the existence of C.A. is checked and if it does not have a value it's set to a default / specific value (for example depending on some user property). Otherwise it's left untouched
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »

Yes, a PreReservation plugin should do this for you - with some effort to set colors.

There are some examples in the package and a few on the forum - if you want to try taking this on yourself.

For professional help, we do custom plugins for all sorts of things like this - we are happy to quote you on delivery time and cost - just get your specification clear as to what you want to do ("for example depending on some user property" is not a specification - you need to be clear on just what 'property', etc. you expect to use) and contact us through our helpdesk https://CashFlowProducts.com/helpdesk (btw, if English is not your primary language - we are happy to see your specifications in any language - we've got multilingual staff and several translation programs that help us figure it out! Smiley

We respond to helpdesk tickets quickly and can get a plugin like this out in a few days (typically - depending on just how clear your specs are, etc.)

================
Neither "TechCoder" nor CashFlowProducts.com are associated with the makers of Booked Scheduler - we are 'users', just like you.
We have written several plugins, apps and more for clients all over the world - let us make one for you!
https://CashFlowProducts.com
lorenzov.bookedscheduler

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 06:34:24 AM »

Thanks TechCoder for your reply
We'll evaluate the request for a custom plugin development.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: