Booked Scheduler Community Support
October 22, 2018, 03:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.7 beta has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Link a User to a Resource  (Read 322 times)
tuaris

« on: June 10, 2018, 01:43:31 AM »

The idea is to use a 'person' as a resource.

You have an attribute for resource type as "Person".  Then you create a new resource named after this person.

So far that's all doable.

What I'd like to be able to do is link a user account to this resource so that when this resource gets reserved, that user is by default participant that can not be removed unless they decline, in which case the reservation gets canceled.

TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I'm known here as 'TechCoder' - I do a lot of plugins and custom work for clients all over the world (though I'm not associated with the developers of Booked directly, I am part of the team that develops more plugins and mods for it than anyone else I know of.... Wink - I'm the Lead Programmer/Support for CashFlowProducts.com (you can see more about us on our website https://CashFlowProducts.com - including lots of plugins and such we have for sale there).

As well as the plugins we have for sale on our site, we have developed several 'one off' sort of things that we didn't feel would be useful to the general public, so they are not on our site.

One of them, though, sounds much like what you are looking for...... - we call it "ResourceUserAsParticipant".....

Here's what it does (from the README file...)

Those that have Resource names that match the User "FirstName LastName" will be added as Participants to the reservation.
Existing reservations that have "ResourceUser" as a Participant and are modified to remove the resource, will also remove that associated User from the Participant list.
Additional Users that are added manually will remain intact (no change).

NOTE: If a 'ResourceUser' is added by the software and then deleted manually from the Participant list, they will automatically be added back by the software.
(i.e., there is no way to manually remove the 'ResourceUser' from the Participant list - you must remove them as a Resource)

So, it is close to everything you described, though perhaps not exactly what you are looking for (it seems) - however, we could make modifications to have it work like you want - we just need to clarify the specifications  (i.e., I'm not sure what you mean by "unless they decline" - they are a Participant, so they don't have a 'decline' option {only Invitees have that....} - we can work that out in discussions if you like....)

If you want to discuss how we can fill your needs, along with delivery times and costs, contact me through our helpdesk - https://CashFlowProducts.com/helpdesk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: