Booked Scheduler Community Support
December 14, 2018, 09:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging Issue  (Read 468 times)
PEM

« on: May 16, 2018, 07:33:12 PM »

I'm trying to enable logging in order to troubleshoot an SMTP issue however, when I rename the config/log4php.config.dist.xml to log4php.config.xml the site stops working.  The menus load, but the content does not.  As soon as I rename the file back to dist.xml, the site works as it should.

I have modified the file to enable default logging which is set to debug and have set the log folder value.  I also did chown 0777 of that log folder (in case it is a permissions issue).

Is there something else that I should be doing in order to enable log4php?

Thanks in advance
PEM

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »

This is the error received in booked-error.log:

[Wed May 16 15:28:56.584387 2018] [:error] [pid 2344] [client ] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/html/booked/lib/external/log4php/configurators/LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php:87\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/booked/lib/external/log4php/configurators/L$

I forgot to mention that this is on Ubuntu 16.04
chadams

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 10:36:03 PM »

I would suspect the problem is that your PHP installation does not have XML support. To check if it is enabled, create a file on your server with the following:
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Name that file something like info.php and open it in a web browser. Search for SimpleXML using your browser's search function, and if you don't find it, then you'll need to install PHP's XML extension. I can't think what would be wrong if SimpleXML is there but the function doesn't exist.

Usually, "sudo apt-get install php-xml" will work to install this. You'll also want to restart the web server (Apache is most common on Ubuntu) after installing. You can then check the phpinfo again, and should find SimpleXML is there. I don't use Ubuntu so I cannot give too much specific information if that command doesn't work for you (for example if there's a conflict on installed PHP version vs. the repository version).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: