Booked Scheduler Community Support
May 20, 2018, 09:42:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.7 beta has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Custom User Attributes (visible only by admin, editable by self)  (Read 315 times)
digicrat

« on: February 13, 2018, 04:34:57 AM »

I have a need for custom user attributes that will be required and must be entered by the user upon registration.  They should be able to update this field(s) from their profile at any time, but otherwise only admins should be able to view this field.

The current "admin only" doesn't allow a user to view their own 'admin only' fields. 

I suspect the easiest approach (though perhaps not the best long-term one) would be to alter the existing 'admin only' feature to make the field visible only for admins or when the user in question matches the logged in user.  I do not currently have a need for the 'admin only' field as implemented.

I haven't been able to figure out where that check is defined to make such a change however.  Ideas/suggestions?

thanks
digicrat

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »

It looks like the feature I'm looking for was previously added for reservations - the "Private" flag.

That means what I really need is for that feature to be extended to user attributes.  I'm guessing that should be a relatively easy fix, though searching through the code I can't find where even the admin_only flag is being verified, let alone the new is_private flag (which, in the database at least, applies to all custom attributes).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: