Booked Scheduler Community Support
December 13, 2017, 08:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked is proud to recommend Shift Capsule in the employee shift scheduling space www.ShiftCapsule.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empty file or missing header row  (Read 122 times)
Scorching

« on: December 02, 2017, 04:18:29 PM »

Hi I have 2 2.6.8 booked scheduler installs. One went wrong and i'm trying to exported users and resources to the new install.

But after exporting and trying to import keep getting this error: Empty file or missing header row

I have tried converting the data to utf-8 using Notepad++
I tried to only use the template download

To no avail.

Any can point out to me what i'm doing wrong? Many  Thanks
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:20 AM »

"Empty file or missing header row" sounds like a CSV error - have you checked the data in the file?
Scorching

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I exported and did a straight import and this message keeps appearing.
I have also download the template and followed that example to no avail.

I have attached an example of an export.

Thanks for your help!
YZone

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »

Hi,

There is a bug in the Booked version you are using.
The export file to the .csv format contains an extra blanc line before each data line. There is always a LF character prior to each line. So you can’t export data to a file and then import the same file. You can use Notepad++ to remove these extra blanc lines and then you can change this file with Excel and import it.
I have mentioned this error earlier, let’s hope this will be fixed in the next version.

YZone
Scorching

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »

Got it thank you for the update! And all the hard work! great product!
Scorching

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »

Yzone,

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction on that last post. I feel dumb I removed CRLF using N++ inserted into excel but don't seem to be able to work it out. 
Anything else I might be missing? Or you won't happen to have a template example do you? Many Thanks for the help.
YZone

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 07:30:28 AM »

Hi,

Both 2.6.8 installs should have the same kind of template. If you have used ‘Custom Attributes’, the number of columns will change from a ‘normal’ template. Check this out: save the templates obtained from both installs. Open them with Excel and they should have the same number of columns!
Saved ‘User Template’ from demo 2.6.8.

Code:
username,email,first name,last name,password,phone,organization,position,timezone,language,groups

If you Export the users to a file, this file has not the same number of columns as the template to import users, so you can’t use this file directly to import them into another install!!!

YZone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: