Booked Scheduler Community Support
November 19, 2017, 09:15:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.5 has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to allow a guest to add a booking without registering?  (Read 69 times)
achcomp77

« on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »

Hi all,

I have setup the booked system, modified it and added to it but wondering whether a guest can just create a booking to be reviewed and then OK'd by an admin.

I have a few resources with several rooms attached to each, an iPad outside each room with the system running via Chrome. What I ideally want to do is for a colleague to walk up to the iPad select a time to book a meeting with an email to be sent for an admin to review and then OK the meeting, all without having to input an email and check their email for a password, then login and then create a booking to be then reviewed. The only way at the moment is for me to create a guest account with a generic email and password and for everyone to login using those details before attempting to book a room for review.

On a side note, is there a way to view all rooms for all resources if trying to change a booking of a room to another?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy
davemason

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:56:16 PM »

Hi Andy,

I've answered similar questions in the past about guest or anonymous users. You can see one here:
http://php.brickhost.com/forums/index.php?topic=15165.0

Briefly, my solution would be to make a 'Guest' user account then log in as guest on the tablets. Make sure your
Code:
$conf['settings']['inactivity.timeout']
in config is set blank so the account is never logged out. You'll need to set the resource to require approval (although I'm not familiar with a way to do this at the user level).

Regarding your second question, it's unclear to me if you're using rooms as resources at the moment. I think you might have it the wrong way around. I think you may want to use the rooms as resources then add what you call resources as accessories.

Best I can do at the moment but hopefully that gets you started.

Dave
achcomp77

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for a great response, should have thought of that! Probably been looking at the code for so long I've become the booked code itself and just didn't twig!!!!  The way I understood the booked system was that the schedule was the building and resources where the rooms within that building, maybe I didn't phrase it well enough in my first post! I have tried messing around with the resource groups and I can get the schedules but not the resources within that schedule! (Pics attached)

Thanks once again

Andy
davemason

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »

Hi Andy,

I could be wrong but I don't think you need separate schedules. Why not put all the rooms in one schedule (label them appropriately "Bldg 1 Room 1" etc).

Another thing to think about (and it's hard not knowing your exact situation) is to make one guest account for each building and through permissions, only allow that user access to that particular building's rooms. That way your schedule won't be full up with rooms in different buildings but you can still administer everything from one schedule.

Just a thought.

Dave
achcomp77

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »

Hi Dave,

I did try only using one schedule but the amount of rooms we have had too much of scroll on the iPads with people missing the rooms further down! (You probably know how some people can be) Lots of our users are techno-phobes and it is to try and make it as simple as possible.

Cheers

Andy
davemason

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »

But will the people in Building A need to book rooms in Building B? If not, you can keep everything on one schedule and use the permissions as suggested above.
achcomp77

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

Hi Dave,

Yes they will, we have a 250+ employee base with 5 sites with the high probability to book a room from one site to another which is why if a meeting room needs to be changed from one site to another I need this option!!

Andy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: