Booked Scheduler Community Support
July 20, 2018, 04:00:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.7 beta has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie help, please  (Read 775 times)
georgec

« on: September 14, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »

We are looking for a package to host a community calendar. I have looked at the demo here and have some questions.
  • Demo suggests the package only supports scheduling rooms or resources -- true or not?
  • If all kinds of events can be scheduled, can someone point me to a public calendar I could look at?
  • Does the software allow conflicts? (I know you don't want a conflict when you are booking a room. But in our use, two organizations could be holding meetings at the same time but in different places.)
  • In our plan, all organization would have one or more folks authorized to add events, but they would not be admins. This ok?

Thanks in advance.
TechCoder

Need Booked API/App/Plugin? http://bit.ly/23EutBO

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »

not sure what you mean by "supports scheduling rooms or resources -- true or not?" (what are you looking to do if not that?Huh) - but, yes, you can schedule "resources", and people use various things for that (typically the software is designed to support 'rooms', but many use it for scheduling all sorts of things)

public calendar?  Have you looked at the demo? http://demo2.php.brickhost.com/

conflicts?  Not really - at least, not like you seem to be talking about.  However, what you state is "meetings at the same time but in different places" - well, "places" in this instance is a "resource", so certainly that is possible......

"authorized to add events" - any User can do that.  Admins "Administer" - so various things like approvals, booking on other's behalf, setting up the resources, users, etc.......

hope that helps....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: