Booked Scheduler Community Support
November 19, 2017, 09:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.5 has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't add ICS/ical to Google calendar again  (Read 1057 times)
peterfreeth

« on: August 20, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »

Google calendar integration seems to have stopped working again. I noticed that Thunderbird/Lightning on my desktop was showing events from my Booked calendar as normal, but my Android phone had stopped showing events.

Checking in Google calendar, if I add the Booked URL I get: The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid ical or GData format.

Note, I can remove and add the ical URL in Lightning, that works fine, it's only Google that throws up the error. I have tried a 3rd party android app 'Subscribed Calendars' and that won't sync to the Booked calendar either. I've also tried the app "icalsync" and again, it doesn't sync.

Any ideas?

Here's a sample of the ical file when I visit the URL. The only thing that looks odd is that the MAILTO: link has no new line before it, so I'm wondering if that is messing up the format, and if so, how to fix it?

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:-//BookedScheduler//NONSGML //EN
BEGIN:VEVENT
CLASS:PUBLIC
CREATED:20170724T115357Z
DESCRIPTION: XXXXXXXXXXXX
DTSTAMP:20170724T115357Z
DTSTART:20170818T170000Z
DTEND:20170818T180000Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20170809T173527Z
ORGANIZER;CN=XXXXXXXXXX:MAILTO:XXXXXXXXX
SUMMARY:
UID:5975dfd595ac6095749705&geniXXXXX
SEQUENCE:0
URL:http://geniuslearning.co.uk/calendar/Web/reservation.php?rn=5975dfd595ac6095749
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
END:VEVENT

END:VCALENDAR

peterfreeth

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »

I think I found one problem - according to the validator at https://icalendar.org/validator.html Booked is terminating each line with a LF, not the CRLF required by the standard. Where can I find the code to change that?
peterfreeth

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

Actually, Google ignores that. I have found the problem. The Booked! template is putting an empty line at the beginning of the ical file.
peterfreeth

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »

I'm overwhelmed by the support!

I removed the empty line in the ical.tpl file in the tpl_c directory, which I know is compiled from ical.tpl but I can't see an empty line in the original file and so some other file is adding it.

Now the situation is as follows:

The ics importer app on my Android works fine

If I download the ics and manually import it to Google, it works fine

If I add URL to Google it still doesn't work...

!
lUomino

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

I just got it working for me in v. 2.6.6. I'll coordinate with Nick to get it released soonest.
babba

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

@IUomino - would you be please so kind and tell us about the changes you nade in order to get rid of the empty line in the beginning of the OCS-File?

I am trying to import the feed from booked to all-in-one calendar (Word Press). I do not get an error message but no reservation gets imported - I guess due to the wrong format.

Any help on this is appreciated.

best regards
Dieter from Germany
gcm

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »

Checked this with an iCal validator on https://icalendar.org/validator.htm

Got some warnings an 2 important errors:

1. Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines
2. Invalid DTSTAMP value, must be a date-time value near line # 5Reference: 3.3.5. Date-Time

Where is the *.ics processed? Has anybody an idea?

But I have although some trouble with php settings on a hosted domain (I cannot correct). Maybe this is the real issue?
blackbox

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »

I just got it working for me in v. 2.6.6. I'll coordinate with Nick to get it released soonest.
Do you have news?
JPLiggett

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »

I just updated to 2.6.8 from 2.6.7, the iCal validator fails with the extra line in the ics file, and my ical client software is not able to read the ics file.

Has anybody seen the solution that was discussed earlier in this thread?
alexrajohnson

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 06:38:07 AM »

Has this been fixed? I came here just to try and figure out a solution to this since I want all of our events from BookedScheduler to be pushed out to a school-wide google calendar and it's not letting me import via URL.

If I download the .ics file and edit it manually it works, like others have said.

Would greatly appreciate any update on this  Smiley
JPLiggett

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »

please consider sharing your solution
shyambhakta

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »

If it helps, I Google calendar seems to accept the URL fine when "http" is replaced with "webcal".
gcm

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »

We should try to work more systematic...

If we have all the same issues, the https://icalendar.org/validator.html will create the same error message for all of us. If not, so we have different problems and should try to solve them seperately.

I repeat my question: Has anybody an idea, where the ical-file gets processed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: