Booked Scheduler Community Support
August 22, 2017, 06:34:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Booked 2.5 has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Group Admins can create new groups but not see them or populate them  (Read 246 times)
cww

« on: April 20, 2017, 07:15:43 PM »

I have a new install that a small team is evaluating for use as an equipment reservation system. I have created a group for each set of resources that should be administered separately (video equipment, photo printers, Spectrometers, etc). I have given these groups permission to Administer resources, groups and schedules. Users in these groups can add new groups but they cannot see these groups or add users to them.

Specifically, is there a setting to make the group creator the administrator of any groups they create?

There is so much flexibility in this application that I expect the permission configuration needs to be tweaked somewhere. Can you help?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:45:59 PM by cww » Logged
cww

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:25:43 PM »

I am thinking about modifying the addGroup function in the ManageGroupsPresenter file to include this functionality:

//Assign the creator as the groupAdmin
        //If the current user does not yet have their own group
            // create a group with only the current user using the naming convention usernameGroup

//Assign the users group as the administrator of this new group with group management permissions

Is there anyone who has already coded this? Any reason this is a bad idea?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: